SERVPRO - Named to Franchise 500 List, #1 in Restoration Category
SERVPRO has done it again.
SERVPRO is proud to announce it has been recognized again as one of the best overall franchise opportunities by Entrepreneur magazine’s 2022 Franchise 500, the industry’s most comprehensive franchise ranking. Evaluated on categories such as growth, financial strength and stability, and brand power, SERVPRO was named the #8 overall franchise system, and #1 in the cleaning and restoration industry for the 19th consecutive year.
“SERVPRO is built on the foundation of outstanding customer service, industry-leading training and the success of following a proven system,” said SERVPRO CEO Rick Isaacson. “On behalf of the more than 1,900 SERVPRO franchises across the U.S. and Canada, we are honored by this recognition.
“The SERVPRO brand and its franchisees share a strong partnership, working together to set and achieve goals which have allowed us to grow each year for more than half a century despite the challenges many businesses have faced, especially over the past 18-24 months.”
SERVPRO franchise owners pride themselves on being “ready for whatever happens,” Isaacson said, which helped the company jump two spots from its #10 ranking in 2021.
SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle has a team of highly trained technicians on call and ready to assist you 24-hours a day. Call us today at 630-384-1040.
Trauma & Crime Scene Cleanup - SERVPRO can Help
SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle is available 24-hours a day to help.
After the police have finished processing a crime or accident scene, the cleaning and restoration process can begin. Many times, crime and accident scenes have blood and other biohazard contaminants that pose a serious health risk. SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle will respond immediately and has the specialized training, protective equipment, and experience to safely clean trauma and crime scenes.
Crime Scene Residues
- Fingerprint powder and evidence-gathering chemicals
- Tear gas and pepper spray residues
- Fire extinguisher residue
- Blood, bodily fluids, and tissue remnants
We remove and dispose of bodily fluids, tissue and other potentially pathogenic substances resulting from accident, trauma, crime or death. Our trained Professionals clean, disinfect and deodorize the structure.
Illegal Drug - "Meth" Labs
Many of the chemicals used in the production of illegal drugs such as "meth" are volatile and can leave harmful residues throughout a structure. Our technicians follow federal and state guidelines to properly clean all surfaces.
SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle can clean and restore trauma and crime scenes 24-hours a day. Call us at 630-384-1040.
Better To Be Prepared
Be ready for winter weather.
We've all heard horror stories of being stuck on a highway in the middle of nowhere during freezing temperatures. Like what happened to those drivers last week in Virginia who were stranded on interstate 95 for over 15 hours. The devastations that occur in those situations are dangerous.
Temperatures will be falling below zero in the coming weeks, are you prepared? If you are traveling by vehicle on the daily during extreme weather conditions there are ways to prepare yourself for the unintended. Here are some tips to help you prepare in case of emergency:
- Store extra warm clothing, blankets, hats and flashlight in case of a breakdown.
- Be sure your cell phone is fully charged before leaving for the road.
- For every 10 degrees the temperature drops, your tire pressure can drop up to two pounds. Be sure to check your tire pressure frequently.
- Be aware due to the cold, response times by police, fire and EMS is slower than usual due to increased demand.
- Do not use cruise control. With heavy winds there could be black ice anywhere.
- Keep your gas tank above your halfway mark at all times.
Being equipped will not only bring you peace of mind, it may save your life. Here are some more tips from our friends at StateFarm. Please be sure click HERE and read more about being safe.
Water Damage Cleanup
Sometimes it's too late to salvage, but there is always room for improvement!
Last week we received a call from one a customer who needed help cleaning up an old mess. Earlier in 2021 their basement had a small flood which ruined their hardwood floors. Unfortunately SERVPRO was not called in time to help save these hardwood floors and the damage was unrepairable. Though we could not restore the original flooring, we were able to salvage what we can and cleanup the rest.
The photo provided is a before-and-after shot of an area we cleaned up. As you can see we were able to manipulate the content, rearrange items and make things much more presentable and safe for passage.
We are always happy to help cleanup situations like these, though we always encourage customers to try to call us with the first 24-48 hours of a flood in order to help restore the damage before it is too late!
For more information on our mitigation processes, please call Donna at 773-878-5200 or visit www.SERVPROravenswood.com.
Protect your Home from Water Damage
SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle can respond to your water damage emergency.
In the Midwest, the cold wet weather can cause damage to the exterior of our homes. Taking a few steps before the cold weather arrives can help protect it from the harsh elements.
Here are some tips for protecting your home from water seepage from the Insurance Information Institute:
- Caulk and seal windows to guard against water seepage.
- Inspect your roof for missing, damaged and aging shingles and make necessary repairs.
- Check your downspouts. Remove debris that may have accumulated in downspouts and rain gutters. Position downspouts so that they direct water away from the house.
- Check sprinklers and irrigation systems to be sure they are not creating water damage to the walls and foundations of the house. Turn off and drain outside faucets to protect against frozen pipes.
- Install gutter guards to prevent gutter clogs and keep water flowing away from the house instead of accumulating on the roof.
If you need help with any water damage emergency, SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle has a team of water damage technicians on call 24-hours a day to assist you. Call us at 630-384-1040.
Water Damage at Work? Call SERVPRO
You can count on SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle to handle your commercial restoration needs.
A small leak was detected in the kitchen of our office. Luckily, the maintenance staff was able to repair the leaky pipe quickly with no damage to the kitchen area. In a commercial office space, there are several places that water leaks can go unnoticed and could result in an expensive water damage event.
Here are some tips from the Environmental Protection Agency on ways to minimize water damage in the workplace:
- If you see a leak – in the restroom, pantry, or outdoors, report it to your maintenance staff
- Put up signs in restrooms and pantries to encourage everyone to look for leaks and report problems. Include information on who they should contact.
- Spread the word about saving water to all tenants, as well as cleaning, housekeeping, maintenance, and landscaping staff
SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle has a team of highly trained technicians that can respond to a commercial water damage emergency 24-hours a day. Call us today at 630-384-1040.
Safety Tips for Cooking with Oil
We respond to fire damage emergencies 24-hours a day.
Deep fry day is a favorite day in our household. This is a day that we deep fry all types of food. We start in the morning with homemade doughnuts and end with deep-fried twinkies. Safety is always on our mind as we work with the hot oil in the Kitchen. Here are some cooking safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA):
Safety considerations for cooking with oil
- Always stay in the kitchen when frying on the stovetop.
- Keep an eye on what you fry. If you see wisps of smoke or the oil smells, immediately turn off the burner and/or carefully remove the pan from the burner. Smoke is a danger sign that the oil is too hot.
- Heat the oil slowly to the temperature you need for frying or sautéing.
- Add food gently to the pot or pan so the oil does not splatter.
- Always cook with a lid beside your pan. If you have a fire, slide the lid over the pan and turn off the burner. Do not remove the cover because the fire could start again. Let the pan cool for a long time. Never throw water on the fire.
- If the fire does not go out or you don’t feel comfortable sliding a lid over the pan, get everyone out of your home. Call the fire department from outside.
SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle has a team of fire restoration specialists on call 24-hours a day to help you. Call us today at 630-384-1040.
SERVPRO - 24-Hour Restoration Service
SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle is available to help with all your restoration needs.
SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Here are some of the residential services that we offer:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
Cleaning and restoring commercial properties require a unique blend of training, experience, and equipment. Here are some of the commercial services that we offer:
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
When the need arises for professional cleaning or an emergency restoration service, call SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle at 630-384-1040.
Tips to Avoid a Soggy Disaster in Wheaton
Follow these tips to keep your belongings safe from water damage.
Water damage is one of the most common disasters that your home can experience. Our homes are filled with many items that range from household items, toys, games, books, and many treasured heirlooms. It is important to take steps to protect these items in case you experience water damage in your home.
Here are a few tips from the Insurance Information Institute to avoid a soggy disaster:
- Store off-season and other bulk belongings in waterproof bins, especially in areas where there are plumbing pipes or that are prone to dampness, such as basements and attics.
- Never store valuables or memorabilia where there is a risk of destruction from water. Water and dampness also bring with it the threat of mold damage.
- Keep belongings stored on shelving off the floor in basements. In case of water seepage or sewer backup, they're less likely to get damaged.
- Keep an up-to-date home inventory. Having a comprehensive list of your possessions will save time, trouble, and stress in case of loss from water damage.
SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle has a team of highly trained technicians ready to respond to your water damage emergency 24 hours a day. Call us today at 630-384-1040.
Be prepared for Winter Weather in Glen Ellyn
SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle responds to storm damage emergencies 24-hours a day.
Winter Weather has arrived in the Chicagoland area. It is important to stay safe during a winter storm event. A winter storm can last a few hours or several days. According to Ready.gov here are the differences in winter weather terms:
Winter Storm Warning
Issued when hazardous winter weather in the form of heavy snow, heavy freezing rain, or heavy sleet is imminent or occurring. Winter Storm Warnings are usually issued 12 to 24 hours before the event is expected to begin.
Winter Storm Watch
Alerts the public to the possibility of a blizzard, heavy snow, heavy freezing rain, or heavy sleet. Winter Storm Watches are usually issued 12 to 48 hours before the beginning of a Winter Storm.
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued for accumulations of snow, freezing rain, freezing drizzle, and sleet which will cause significant inconveniences and, if caution is not exercised, could lead to life-threatening situations.
Know Your Risk for Winter Storms
Pay attention to weather reports and warnings of freezing weather and winter storms. Listen for emergency information and alerts.
SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle responds to storm damage emergencies frequently in the winter months. We are available 24 hours a day. Please contact us at 630-384-1040.