Heavy Rains can cause Flash Flooding
The Midwest has experienced some severe weather events that have caused significant damage to homes and commercial properties in our area. SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle is trained and certified to restore storm damage by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). Heavy rains can cause flash flooding, so it is a good idea to know what to do when faced with a flash flood situation. Here are some flash flood safety tips from the National Weather Service:
- During periods of heavy rains, stay away from flood-prone areas such as stream beds, drainage ditches, and culverts
- Move to higher ground if flooding threatens your area
- If you live or work in flood-prone areas, remain alert during periods of heavy rain
- Be especially cautious at night as it is harder to recognize flood dangers
- Never drive your car into water of unknown depth. Most flash flood deaths occur when people drive their vehicles into flood waters. Remember: Turn Around Don’t Drown!
- If your vehicle stalls, abandon it immediately and seek higher ground. Flood water may rise quickly, cover the vehicle, and sweep it away.
- Stay out of flooded areas. The water may still be rising and very swift. A rapidly flowing stream can sweep you off your feet and sweep your vehicle downstream.
Call Us Today!
If your home or commercial business has experienced flooding damage, SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle will restore the damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 630-384-1040.