Mold in the House: SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle provides mold remediation for your home or office
When mold is discovered, SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle will provide an assessment, containment and expert mold remediation
Discovering mold in your home or office can be alarming. If mold is discovered, you can contact SERVPRO for an assessment before taking any action. First things first, do not attempt to clean, scrub or disturb mold, as the spores will easily distribute into the air. If you have fans or an open window nearby blowing in the area, turn it off or eliminate any breezes. Mold spreads easily and by scrubbing it or allowing wind to reach the affected area, the spores will simply move to another area.
Removing Mold from the House or Office
Calling a mold remediation expert like SERVPRO will allow for a number of actions to take place. The first thing we do is find the source of the mold. There may be a leak, a water or moisture source that contributed to the mold growth. Our trained mold technicians will find the source, eliminate further damage, assess the situation, contain the existing problem and remove the mold. Also, we will professionally clean the affected areas and contents, as well as provide air filtration and provide any restoration, if needed.
What to do with Mold
If you find mold in the house or office, again, here are a few tips on what to do (and what not to do):
- Do not touch or scrub mold
- Turn off any fans or blowing air (HVAC)
- Do not spray any bleach or chemicals on the mold
- Do not try to dry the area or use any heaters (you will spread spores)
- Call SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle
DuPage County Residents: Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
Be careful! Without proper training, you could be spreading mold throughout your home.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Wheaton/Glen Ellyn/Lisle for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Wheaton/Glen Ellyn/Lisle specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 630-384-1040
Does Your Glen Ellyn Home Have A Mold Problem?
In DuPage County, mold can spread through a home in as little as 48 hours.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (630) 384-1040