Winter Holiday Safety Tips
The winter holiday season is upon us, and it is a time for traditions and decorating our homes. As we prepare our homes for holiday gatherings, we should also keep safety in mind. Here are a few tips from the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) to ensure a fire-safe holiday season:
- Be careful with holiday decorations. Choose decorations that are flame resistant or flame retardant.
- Keep lit candles away from decorations and other things that can burn.
- Some lights are only for indoor or outdoor use, but not both.
- Replace any string of lights with worn or broken cords or loose bulb connections. Read manufacturer’s instructions for number of light strands to connect.
- Use clips, not nails, to hang lights so the cords do not get damaged.
- Keep decorations away from windows and doors.
If you experience fire or smoke damage, SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle has a team of highly trained technicians available 24-hours a day to assist you. Please call us at 630-384-1040.