Protect your Home from Water Damage
In the Midwest, the cold wet weather can cause damage to the exterior of our homes. Taking a few steps before the cold weather arrives can help protect it from the harsh elements.
Here are some tips for protecting your home from water seepage from the Insurance Information Institute:
- Caulk and seal windows to guard against water seepage.
- Inspect your roof for missing, damaged and aging shingles and make necessary repairs.
- Check your downspouts. Remove debris that may have accumulated in downspouts and rain gutters. Position downspouts so that they direct water away from the house.
- Check sprinklers and irrigation systems to be sure they are not creating water damage to the walls and foundations of the house. Turn off and drain outside faucets to protect against frozen pipes.
- Install gutter guards to prevent gutter clogs and keep water flowing away from the house instead of accumulating on the roof.
If you need help with any water damage emergency, SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle has a team of water damage technicians on call 24-hours a day to assist you. Call us at 630-384-1040.