Fire and Smoke Damage at Restaurant
When an electrical issue caused a fire at a small, family owned restaurant, the smoke and soot damage was extensive and severe. Simply cleaning areas impacted would not help remove the odor or damage. Large portions of the building had to be stripped down to bare bones and rebuilt. One area impacted was the game room, where the ceiling was simply filled with smoke and soot debris. SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle crews were tasked with removing the ceiling in order to clean and remove the fire damaged, as well as water damaged (from the fire department's response) areas. As seen, the ceiling was completely removed, exposing the ceiling rafters.